Thursday, June 12, 2008

Weekly Geeks #7

Here's the assignment for Weekly Geeks this week:

1. Decide what to illustrate and start taking photos: Most of you are book bloggers, so you may want to post photos of your favorite reading spot, your TBR pile(s), your local book store, your favorite librarian, your child reading, etc. You may want to post several photos of a certain topic (like all nine of your kids reading!) or a mixed bag of photos that are unrelated except that they’re bookish. Or you may want to post just one photo, it’s up to you. If you have a different type of blog, post photos of whatever you think is suitable.

We're also supposed to link to other people's photo post, but I'm going to cheat a little here. I can't view most images at work, and I really want to take a look at people's pictures, so I'm going to post a summary on Saturday with links to some blogs I took a look at.

Over Christmas I went through family pictures at my mom's house and found several of me reading at various ages, so my theme is SomeReads (Through the Years). You can click on the images for a bigger picture.

This first picture is of me when I was probably 2 years old. I think that book was a book about Smokey the Bear, but I may be misremembering.


In this one, I was around 7 years old. Gotta love the 70s stylin'! I'm reading a reader from school.


Here's one from when I was about 8. I'm pretty sure I'm reading Jack & Jill Magazine. I wonder if I was making a face on purpose...


And this one's from when I was 11. I hated those sweats - I felt like a big duck. And you can't tell, but I was sporting a nice mullet. I have no idea what I was reading.

These next two are thrown in for good measure. They're both from our small town newspaper, both on a large, stuffed Curious George at the public library. In the first one, I was 2, and in the 2nd, I was 6 (I'm the one with brown hair in the picture). The library must have been very new in the first picture, because the shelves are very bare.


I hope you enjoyed my foray into the past!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

That is so neat that you have those pictures from when you were young.

Anonymous said...

Curious George!?! Dang. I'm jealous. No, really...after all, I'm a geek.

Somer said...

Chain Reader - It is nice to have those. Kinda sad most of our pictures nowadays are digital..

justareadingfool - I seriously loved that Curious George!

Debi said...

Oh Somer, what a totally awesome post! I'm so jealous...what wonderful photos to have!

And whoa...I would have loved those pants in photo #2 when I back in elementary school!

Somer said...

Debi - weren't those pants awesome! And yes, I'm very lucky that my mom kept tons of pictures! Your kids are even more lucky, because you actually do something with yours! :-)