Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Book diet goes kaput - wish list grows shorter

Oh man, oh man, oh man! Book sale today, and I feel like a hit the jackpot! I spent $15 ($1 per book), and many books were on my wishlist (marked by an *).

Here's what I got:

The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century by Thomas L. Friedman
*Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
*Matrimony by Joshua Henkin
Peony in Love by Lisa See
*That Old Ace in the Hole by Annie Proulx
*Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
*Welcome to the World, Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg
Helen of Troy by Margaret George
Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani
Friday Night Lights: A Town, A Team, and a Dream by H.G. Bissinger
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
Fairest by Gail Carson Levine (for Laura)
*The Nature of Monsters by Clare Clark
*The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall
The Tale of Desperaux by Kate DiCamilla

I've read Tale of Desperaux, but it's a great one to add to our collection. Also, I'm not sure Laura's read it yet. These books are all in fantastic condition. Score!

4 comments:

Lezlie said...

The heck with book diets. Great finds! I can't wait to hear what you think of The Nature of Monsters!

Lezlie

Debi said...

Way to go, Somer! Nice haul!

And I can't stop chuckling over your title there!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you picked up a copy of my novel MATRIMONY. I hope you'll consider reviewing it on your blog. Also, I don't know if you're in a book group, but I've been participating in a lot of book group discussions of MATRIMONY, and I'd be glad to participate in yours. Let me know if you're interested.

Best,

Joshua Henkin
http://www.joshuahenkin.com

Somer said...

Joshua - thanks for stopping by. I've heard great things about Matrimony and am really looking forward to reading it. I will definitely post a review when I read it. I'm not currently in a book group, but perhaps you would be willing be interviewed for my blog at some point?