Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt


Oh, this was just a fabulous book! I was reminded of Stardust, as it was a fairy tale, although, even though I liked this book a lot, Stardust was still better.

Keturah is a storyteller, and, after she follows a hart into the forest and gets lost, she keeps Death at bay by telling him a story, winning extra days by promising the ending the next day. She bargains with Death that in order to win her life, she must find her true love.

I loved the fairy tale quality of this book. This was one I had a hard time putting down. I highly recommend it to any of you who participated in the Once Upon a Time challenges.

I can use this one for the "L" author for the A-Z challenge. Also, if you've reviewed this one, let me know!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I enjoyed this one mostly...except I didn't like the end.

Anyway, I just wanted to remind you that Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is this Saturday.

Somer said...

Thanks for the reminder! I'm looking forward to the Readathon!