Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Tuesday, Where Are You?

I can't believe it's already Tuesday again!

Today I am in Idaho, where I am trying to live the rest of my life in one year, because that's all the time I've got. (Deadline by Chris Crutcher)

At bedtime, I'm still on an island in the middle of nowhere, and I think I just got fed to something big. (Peter and the Starcatchers)

On a completely unrelated note (other than being about books...), I spent yesterday evening in the library with my kids. As I've mentioned, our central library just underwent a renovation, and the new children's and young adult sections both boast the inclusion of gaming systems. (Someone commented on a newspaper story right after the grand opening that all the books were pushed to the side and the video games had center stage - this couldn't be further from the truth...) I asked Eli what he thought about being able to play video games in the library, and his response was "It's kinda creepy! Libraries are supposed to be quiet!" Welcome to the library of the future, my son... Even better was my daughter complaining about the toddler making noise, keeping her from reading. She said the mom really needed to make the kid be quiet; we were in a library! I then told her that that room was the one room in the library where that mom didn't have to worry about
her child making noise, and that I had been in her place and wasn't about to complain! Too bad it wasn't her that I used to have to worry about, cuz then I could have really rubbed it in her face! :-)

2 comments:

Debi said...

Oh my, that is too funny!

Has Laura decided if she wants to do the read-a-thon yet? Annie's now leaning towards doing it if Laura is.

Somer said...

Yes, Laura is planning on doing it with me!