Friday, June 6, 2008

Random thoughts on a relaxing Friday

I had a job interview today and took the whole day off from work, and it has been such a nice day. I've gotten in more reading time this afternoon than I've had in days (if not weeks). I've been reading The Road, which I am enjoying much more than I thought I would. I've got less than 100 pages to go and hope to finish it in the next day or so, depending on my schedule. Actually, I will be picking up Laura at the airport tomorrow afternoon, which will give me prime reading time, assuming I get out of the house early enough to get through security with time to spare. Depending on how far I get tonight, I may even need to grab an extra book.

I still have a couple of reviews to catch up on - I'll try to get those posted later tonight.

6 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi Somer, I found your blog when searching for people who like to read. Since your favorites include some fantasy titles, I'm wondering if I could mention one to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is a fantasy action adventure in which the characters are abandoned children. It reaches a good outcome. I would really love to know what you think of it. For excerpts, please go to www.threeswans.com.au and see the sample chapters. My blog, if you want to visit, is http://threeswans.blogspot.com Feel free to comment. Whatever the case, happy reading. I love it too.

Somer said...

Andrew - I'll bookmark your page and take a look. It doesn't look like the type of fantasy I usually read, but I'm open to new reading experiences! I'll also pass your site on to a couple of friends who might be interested.

Amanda said...

picking up Laura at the airport...get through security

So does that mean a parent can meet his/her minor child at the gate, rather than outside security?

Somer said...

Southwest considers kids ages 12 and under to be "unaccompanied minors," and yes, parents (or other responsible adult) can (in fact, must) accompany them to the gate for departure and meet them there for arrival. The adult at departure also can't leave the airport until the plane is in the air.

Since Laura only flies once every 2 years (she and Eli alternate years), this will be the last time I get to go past security to meet her.

Andrew Clarke said...

Thanks, Somer. I appreciate that, and it's good of you to pass the site on. I'll keep reading your blog, if you don't mind strangers doing that. Your reviews are interesting and when you said on your profile "loves to read" I had the "me too!" reaction. Best wishes to you.

Somer said...

New readers are always welcome! I hope you enjoy!