Saturday, June 28, 2008

READ-A-THON!

I'm going to use this graphic on any updates I have throughout the day, mini-challenges, etc. Any reviews I post won't have this graphic, but I will tag it as a read-a-thon post. (I may choose a smaller graphic to add...haven't decided yet.)

Here's the first mini-challenge! I'm posting a few minutes early so I can get started reading right at 11:00. This challenge was posted by Reading Derby.

Introduction Meme

Where are you reading from today? I'm reading from my home in Houston, Texas (well, technically a small suburb right outside the city limits called Meadows Place).

3 facts about me …

  • I am a librarian, currently in a medical library in a local cancer center.
  • I have 2 kids, one who plans to read along with me today
  • I am a terrible housekeeper, and I feel slightly guilty for reading all day today instead of trying to get some housework done.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I don't really have a TBR pile specifically for this read-a-thon. I've got a stack of about 8 that looked like good light choices, but I reserve the right to pick up anything in the house that grabs my interest.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I just want to have fun. I don't have any idea how many books I might finish (if I even finish any). I want to visit a lot of blogs and read. I do want to make a large dent in Little Women. I know I won't read for 24 hours, but I would like to get in at least 7 hours today and a couple of hours tomorrow morning. I'd love to read more today, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
I haven't done this before, so I'll get back to you on this tomorrow!

6 comments:

Ana S. said...

Good luck, Somer :)

Care said...

Hi, I'm a cheerleader here to tell you to KEEP READING! and have fun.

Your last 'fact' reminds me of when I challenge myself to vacuum and then I am allowed to read 10 pages and eventually I somehow (sort of) get my house clean...

I'm off to read your Borders post now.

OH- I have a mini challenge Hour 19 and I think Nymeth's is Hour 2.

trish said...

I hope you keep us posted with how your daughter does! :-)

alisonwonderland said...

my 17yo daughter is reading along with me, and i can relate to the housework issue - although i'm choosing to not feel guilty. :)

happy read-a-thon!

Eva said...

I'm a terrible housekeeper too! lol I love Little Women. :D

Somer said...

Care - I do the same thing with housework!

Good luck to everyone!