Monday, May 5, 2008

What a way to start the week!

It was insane trying to get out of the house this morning. I guess Monday's always are. But then I realized I couldn't find my coffee cup (the travel kind) and think I left it at church yesterday. And *then* I realized I had forgotten my book! Oh no!!! I always read over lunch, unless I am knitting with friends, but only bring my knitting on those days that I know I'm going to be doing that. So I'm stuck at work today with nothing to read over lunch. This reminds me of last week's Booking Through Thursday question! I do have a Bookmarks magazine stuck in my bag, and I have a couple of puzzle books that I keep on hand for those really slow days. But I don't have my BOOK. Dammit.

4 comments:

Debi said...

Oh man...that really is a lousy way to start the week!

Somer said...

I ended up thumbing through the entire issue of Bookmarks, and would you believe I only found one book I wanted to add to my wish list?

Megan said...

It's so frustrating when you forget your book! It really sucks all the fun out of lunch. I mean, what am I supposed to do? Eat? Talk to people?? Yeah, right. ;-)

But seriously, I did that once and it totally took the wind of my sails for even going to lunch at all (But what will I *do* while I eat??)

Jill said...

Ooh, I know just what you mean. I HATE when I forget my book! And somehow when you don't have a book with you, things always conspire so you end up waiting longer or having way more time on your hands than usual. Very frustrating!