Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Tuesday, where are you?

Every Tuesday, raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading (http://raidergirl3-anadventureinreading.blogspot.com/), asks "Where are you today?" in regards to what book you are reading. Because I can't comment at work, and by the time I get home, I've usually forgotten about this, I'm going to start posting these on my actual blog. I'll try to remember to comment on raidergirl3's post later in the day with a link to my answer, but no promises.

So, where am I today?

I've yet to pick up my book, but when I do in about an hour, I will be at the House on the Rock with Shadow and Mr. Wednesday, which is somewhere along the way from Chicago to Madison, I think. Strange things are happening in Shadow's life, after being released from prison, but he doesn't have a clue what's going on yet. Neither do I, for that matter! I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

On my commute I will be in 2 places. First, I will be with Greg Mortensen while he figures out how to start a school on the edge of K2, the second highest peak in the world. This is in Three Cups of Tea. And then, after picking up my daughter, we will be with Lyra as she ventures into the Land of the Dead in The Subtle Knife. (I lied, I visited both of these places on my morning commute.)

And at bedtime tonight, we will be with Black Stache as he tries to take the treasure being carried on The Wasp in Peter and the Starcatchers.

Wanna play along? Visit raidergirl3's blog (link at the beginning of this post)!

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

You're reading some great books right now! And that's one of my favorite scenes in American Gods and has my favorite passage in it! Hope you enjoy it :)

I'm just getting ready to start The Golden Compass...looking forward to that one. And I've heard that Three Cups of Tea is really good. Much different than what I thought!

Debi said...

Oh, oh, oh...I'm a bit jealous that you're reading American Gods! I just read it a few months ago...but I'm dying to read it again already!

My husband and daughter just started Peter and the Shadow Thieves. (They loved Peter and the Star Catchers!)

Somer said...

Chris - American Gods is very different from Stardust (as I knew going in) but good still. Even though it's long, it's a quick read!

I'm really enjoying Three Cups of Tea - enough so that I missed my exit yesterday, I was so into the book!