Sunday, May 4, 2008

Little Bitty Mousie by Jim Aylesworth


This is my first picture book review for Becky's PB&J Challenge. This week I will review two "A" books, one "A" title and one "A" author. Obviously, this is my author choice.


Little Bitty Mousie is an adorable "ABC" book that meets my first requirement for a great picture book - it is very fun to read aloud. The chorus, so to speak, throughout this book goes like this:

Tip-tip tippy tippy
Went her little mousie toes.
Sniff-sniff sniffy sniffy
Went her little mousie nose.

How can you not read that with a smile?

The illustration in this book, by Michael Hague, are also superb. Very vivid colors and a fine attention to detail. You want to reach out and bite into the apples on the first page!

I highly recommend this book for little ones in the preschool-to-kindergarten age range.

If anyone else has reviewed this book, leave a comment for me, and I'll edit this post to link to your review.

1 comment:

Debi said...

Oh, this one does look and sound adorable! Hope our library has it!