Sunday, May 18, 2008

Popping in

Someone said on another blog recently, as one of his blogging tips, that he dislikes those "I'm too busy to blog" posts. Why not take the time you're using to say that to actually say something you've been meaning to blog about. This is a very good point!

So, instead of saying, "I'm just popping in to say I'm still alive," I'll find something interesting to say.

My great hubby is making me a cool tool so I can randomize my TBR list. I'm such a nerd and want to say, ok, I have all these books on my TBR pile - make a decision for me! So, my nerd partner is writing me a program to do it with. Anyone want me to share it once it's done?

I've been reading the same books for weeks, which sort of explains my serious lack of posts. I just haven't had anything "bookish" to say. I'm about 3/4 of the way through American Gods and will pick up my next LibraryThing Early Review book, Love Marriage, when I finish, hopefully in the next few days. Laura and I are minutes away from being done with The Amber Spyglass, and I think I have something short enough in my Audible.com queue to listen to before school is over 2 weeks from now. I am *seriously* going to miss listening to books with her in the morning when she starts riding the bus to middle school next fall (well, really it will stop when school ends this year).

I do still have to make my Weekly Geeks post for this week, but I think I'll go read for now instead.

7 comments:

Debi said...

A program to randomize your TBR pile...Somer, that is just toooooo funny!!!

Somer said...

I know...it's just an excuse to make lists. I'm such a nerd. :-)

Alea said...

That sounds really fun! It's almost like going to the bookstore and getting a random book except it's something you already have, it will just make the whole thing much more fun! I actually just finished Love Marriage, I really liked it :)

Lisa said...

I'd love for you to share this with the rest of us. I normally make my husband pick a book for me from the shelves anyway because I can't make a decision myself. I'm sure he would appreciate this. :)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, I've been reading the same books for weeks too. I just want to get them done and have something valuable to put on my blog. I also love the idea of a randomizer for your TBR pile. Sounds like a great tool.

Aarti said...

How are you liking American Gods? I really enjoyed it. I also picked up Love Marriage from LT, and am about 30 pages in. I really like the writing style so far, though it sounds quite pretentious for a 25-year-old narrator, in my view. At least... I'm 25 and don't sound like that :-)

Somer said...

Alea - I just started Love Marriage tonight, and it's already grabbed me!

Lisa and Aaron - I'm going to post the link to the randomizer soon!

Aarti - I finished American Gods over lunch today. I liked it, but it didn't blow me away like it has so many other people. I'm at about the same place as you in Love Marriage, and I think it's great so far, but, now that you mention it, yes, it is a bit pretentious for a 25-year-old narrator.