Thursday, May 1, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Quick! It's an emergency! Youjust got an urgent call about a family emergency and had to rush to theairport with barely time to grab your wallet and your passport. Butnow, you're stuck at the airport with nothing to read. What do you do??
And, no, you did NOT have timeto grab your bookbag, or the book next to your bed. You were . . .grocery shopping when you got the call and have nothing with you butyour wallet and your passport (which you fortuitously brought with youin case they asked for ID in the ethnic food aisle). This ishypothetical, remember….


Don't forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don't have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!


My answer: (The formatting of this post may
be off, since I can't see the original formatting perfectly, thanks to
our filtering software. But I'm going to give it a shot anyway. I can
always come back and fix it this evening.)


This would certainly present a problem for me. However, luckily, I know that both of my local airports have shops that sell books, so, since I do have my wallet, I'm sure I can find something to pick up and read. If, however, this was the middle of night or something and the shops were closed, I suppose I would have to content myself with watching CNN on the conveniently placed TVs. Seems like they're always turned to CNN for some reason... As someone else mentioned, though, if this is truly an emergency, I probably couldn't concentrate on a book, so I would more likely pick up a puzzle book of some kind to work on. In fact, I have done just this when waiting to pick up my child when he was flying back from his grandparents' house and I, gasp, didn't have my book. When I'm picking up my kids or putting them on the plane to and from their grandparents' house, I usually only bring my wallet with me, because I hate going through security with a bunch of
stuff. So much easier to just stick my wallet, keys, and phone in the little basket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those who can't concentrate on puzzles when I'm distracted, so I'd definitely have to go with a book or magazine. Although recently I'm finding that audiobooks are a great diversion on planes.