Saturday, January 12, 2008

Unread Authors Challenge

Even though these aren't all the choices I started out with, I am counting the Unread Authors Challenge as complete!

Here's my list of what I read:

1. Going Postal by Terry Pratchett - can't wait to read more of the Discworld books!
2. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore - I have now added all of Moore's books to my Amazon wishlist - brilliant!
3. The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory - need to review this one still. Another new favorite author, I think.
4. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
5. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
6. Every Past Thing by Pamela Thompson - LibraryThing review copy

4 comments:

Debi said...

I've been really tempted to do that, too. I've read more than enough new authors to complete the challenge, but they aren't all ones I have on my original list.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Going Postal...I got that one for Christmas. My daughter absolutely loves the Disc World books, though she's only read a few so far.

Somer said...

I think my daughter would like them, too! Going Postal was laugh-out-loud funny. I wasn't sure I would like it, because I tried The Colour of Magic as an audiobook a while book and couldn't get into it, but I think it was just the reader. I've got it in print now and am going to give it another shot eventually.

Lezlie said...

Great list! I adore the Discworld books. The ones about the night watch are usually my favorites, but an appearace by Luggage always makes my day. :-)

Lezlie (Books 'n Border Collies)

Somer said...

Thanks for stopping in, Lezlie! I can't wait to read more Discworld!