Tuesday, January 22, 2008

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Yay! I'm getting another Early Review book from LibraryThing! I'm getting Black Ships by Jo Graham.

Here's the Amazon description:

""Haunting and bittersweet, lush and vivid, this extraordinary story has lived with me since I first read it." --Naomi Novik, author of His Majesty's Dragon. The world is ending. One by one the mighty cities are falling, to earthquakes, to flood, to raiders on both land and sea. In a time of war and doubt, Gull is an oracle. Daughter of a slave taken from fallen Troy, chosen at the age of seven to be the voice of the Lady of the Dead, it is her destiny to counsel kings. When nine black ships appear, captained by an exiled Trojan prince, Gull must decide between the life she has been destined for and the most perilous adventure -- to join the remnant of her mother's people in their desperate flight. From the doomed bastions of the City of Pirates to the temples of Byblos, from the intrigues of the Egyptian court to the haunted caves beneath Mount Vesuvius, only Gull can guide Prince Aeneas on his quest, and only she can dare the gates of the Underworld itself to lead him to his destiny. In the last shadowed days of the Age of Bronze, one woman dreams of the world beginning anew. This is her story."

Doesn't that sound great?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Man, what is this now - 5 books? 6? You are SO lucky. Maybe I'll have more luck when I get up to 255 books in my library! This does sound like the kind of book you would really enjoy, though.

I read your reviews of Becky and Every Past Thing in your LibraryThing reviews, but I can't remember what other Early Reviewer books you got.

Somer said...

This is the 4th; I'm almost finished with Dreamers of the Day, which was my 3rd. I should finish that one tomorrow and will post a review. It's fantastic!

Lezlie said...

This one sounds really interesting. I can't wait to see your review!

Have fun!
Lezlie