Friday, April 11, 2008

The Venetian Mask and Love Marriage

I finally got my March Early Reviewer copy yesterday, The Venetian Mask. I've heard mediocre reviews of it, but it's supposedly a fast read. I'll hopefully finish The Sweet Far Thing before Tuesday and will take this one with me to TLA next week.

I also just got notified that I'll be getting one of the April Early Reviewer books, Love Marriage by V.V. Ganeshananthan, which looks very good! There were so many books in this batch that would have thrilled me. I had to go add books to my Amazon wishlist once I got my notification. I'm also hopeful that maybe I'll run across some of these ARCs at the TLA conference next week.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Are there many adult AREs at TLA? I remember getting lots of YA and some children's AREs in particular at the last two TLAs and ALA-Midwinter in 2006, but maybe that's because I was primarily on the lookout for books for my niece and nephews (now in 4th, 6th, and 9th grades).

I hope you finish The Venetian Mask by the SLIS dinner! :)

I got an April Early Reviewer book too, Time Bandit by Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand. I think I know exactly which book in my library put me in the running for this one! Definitely not my first choice, but something I'll still read.

Somer said...

You know, I guess there aren't very many adult ARCs, are there?

I forgot that I was going to give you The Venetian Mask at TLA! I hate that it took so long to get to me - I'll try very hard to get it read by Thursday, but it's highly unlikely. I'll stick it in the mail as soon as I finish it, though. MD Anderson has a post office on-site, so it's easy to get things mailed.

Katherine said...

I read the Venetian Mask and actually kind of liked it. I'm a sucker for all things Venetian, so the fact that Venice is kind of a character all of its own in this book was a major plus. On the other hand, I thought it was kind of melodramatic and over the top. So I'm kind of on the fence about the book.