Friday, November 23, 2007

Borders

I love the fact that the one store I like to hit after Thanksgiving, Borders, is usually not insanely busy. We live about 5 minutes from a Borders, too, which makes it even better.

Today we got started on our holiday shopping. I had seen that Borders had quite a few movies on sale for $8.99, which is what got me there. We didn't find any movies we wanted, or wanted to give, but we did get some books for the kids. For the daughter, we got The Daring Book for Girls, A Guide to Wizards of the World, and When the Wind Blows by James Patterson. I hope this wasn't a mistake - she's obsessed with the Maximum Ride series, which is marginally related to this adult book of his, and she's been begging me to let her read it. I've been reluctant, as she's 11, but after leafing through it at the library and finding a kid's review on Amazon, I decided to go ahead and let her read it. After all, I wasn't much older than she is when I started reading Stephen King, which is almost certainly more mature than James Patterson...

For the boy, we got the Artemis Fowl graphic novel and The Dangerous Book for Boys. We're also going to get him Encyclopedia Horrifica, but Borders didn't have it in stock today.

Amazingly, neither I nor the husband bought anything for ourselves!

No comments: