Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christine Kringle and other stuff

I received my copy of Christine Kringle in the mail today! Yay! I'm looking forward to reading that.

I got Becky on Friday, but need to finish up a couple of other books before I start a new one. I'm about 2/3 through both The Queen's Fool and A Dirty Job, and I'm almost done with Cyrano (which I don't think I've even mentioned here...). I'm still waiting to receive Dreamers of the Day, but that's ok, since I can't start reading it yet anyway.

My reading has sssslllooowwweeeddd down a bit lately. I'm just too tired to read much before bed. I read a few pages (if I'm lucky) and fall asleep. I have a new "system" going right now to help me get through the books I've started - I (typically) bring one to work with me, which I read while waiting for the shuttle and at lunch, read one while we read silently as a family, and read one before bed. Whichever one I read at bed is usually the one I bring to work the next day, since I've rarely gotten very far before I fall asleep. This way I'm getting a good 45 minutes read of at least one book a day, and by alternating, they're all getting a fair shake. I've really whittled my "currently reading" stack down for now, and I'm hoping to bring it down to only 1 or 2 personal reads (our read-aloud doesn't count, nor does my commute audiobook). Who am I fooling???

No comments: