Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday Summary

You know, I don't think there's really much to say this Sunday. I haven't finished anything this week, but I did pick up The Blue Ghost by Marion Dane Bauer. This is one of the Texas Bluebonnet Nominees for this year, which I'm slowly but surely working through. I read half in one sitting, but haven't had time to finish yet.

I feel myself slowing down with the reading for a little while. Christmas is coming all too soon, and I want to do some crochet projects for friends and for teacher gifts. I suspect most of my reading time is going to be over lunch and at bedtime. But even bedtime lately has been skimpy on the personal reading. For the past few years we've had silent reading time as a family, followed by a chapter or two from whatever current read-aloud we have going. Life has been so busy that all we've really had time for most nights is the read-aloud.

Only so many hours in a day...

No comments: