Tuesday, April 7, 2009

State of the reading.

I decided to set Mists of Avalon aside for a while. This was a hard decision, since I wanted to love it as much now as I did the first time I read it. I just don't have the time to really devote to it right now, and I was having reading wanderlust. I haven't completely abandoned it. My current reading plan is to read 3 books I have at home and then 1 library book. I am keeping Mists in the rotation, but I'm only going to give it a week at a time. So, I'll read 2 books from my home library, then a bit of Mists of Avalon, then a library book. Make sense?

Currently I am reading Ringside 1925, which is about the Scopes trial. I am enjoying it very much, and it's a very quick read. I expect to finish it today and then pick up Memories of my Melancholy Whores. My one experience with Gabriel Garcia Marquez was 100 Years of Solitude, which I had to abandon, so I'm a little wary. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: