Sunday, April 5, 2009

The "Loot" Part 2

Wow, I could really see the effects of the economy at this conference. While last year, there were free books everywhere, and it was sort of a free-for-all, this year was very different. As I mentioned in my previous post, I snagged 10 free books on Wednesday. I snagged a total of 4 more over the next 2 days. Many publishers had limits on the number of books people could take and some made people form lines and request books. Very different. Some of the bigger publishers didn't have anything out at all whenever I passed by. Even the other swag, like pens, etc., were scarce.

Here's what I did end up with on Thursday and Friday:

1) The Girls by Tucker Shaw
2) Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
3) You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
4) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa

I grabbed #4 for Laura, since she is totally into manga right now, and the back says "the phenomenon that took Japan by storm." Little did I know this is a coveted item! I handed it to Laura and she literally squealed with delight; she was so excited! So even though the pickings were slim, I did end up with a gem.

No comments: