Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Book sale buys

I did, indeed, find some good books at today's book sale. For $11, I got 12 books, mostly hardback. Four of these were on my wishlist, too, so that's even better! Here's what I got:

The Autobiography of Henry VIII, with Notes by His Fool, Will Somers by Margaret George
The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon
*This is practically brand new still, and I got it for $1!
Alice's Tulips by Sandra Dallas
*From wishlist. I read the first in this series, The Persian Pickle Club, last year, and while I don't typically get hooked on series, this one was good enough to buy used.
Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi
*Newbery winner
A Wizard Abroad by Diane Wrede
*My husband bought the first few in this series (Young Wizards) - I hope he doesn't already have this one!
The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue
*From wishlist.
Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson
*I've read a couple of other of her books (Speak and Fever 1793) and really liked them.
White Oleander by Janet Fitch
*From wishlist.
The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt
*From wishlist.
The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
*I bought this one because I'm pretty sure it's on the high school Name that Book list that I'm trying to complete.
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
*This one will be great to stick in my bag for waiting for my shuttle.

EDIT

I picked up one more book today (Aug 2):

The Children's Blizzard
by David Laskin

No comments: