Sunday, August 19, 2007

Meme

I've seen this on several blogs now and thought I'd join in the fun!

What are you reading right now?
These are listed on my sidebar, but for anyone reading this from their feed aggregator I'm reading 6 books right now: May Bird and the Ever After by Jodi Lynn Anderson (this is our current bedtime book - how great is it that my 9 and 10 year olds still let me read to them at bedtime?), The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (on the high school Name that Book list), The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, The Sorceror by Jack Whyte (lunchtime), Maximum Ride The End of the World or Something Like It (standby for when waiting), and First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde (audiobook).

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?
The next book in my stack is Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now?
I've never really been a bathroom reader.

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read?

The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver (or just Kingsolver, in general)

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they?
The funny thing is that I *am* a librarian, but the librarians at my library don't know me from Eve. Now, back when I was a public librarian, yeah, I guess they knew me. At least I hope they did!

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all?
Not that I can think of.

Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you’re on the computer? While you’re having sex? While you’re driving?
Eat? no
Bathe? Not on a regular basis, but I have been known to (most recently Friday night)
Movies or TV? Not if I chose what we're watching, but if the tv is on in the same room, I will try.
Computer? Does reading a book *on* the computer count?
Sex? Um, no
Driving? I listen to audiobooks on my commute.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits?
Not that I remember. My brother might have, I suppose.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

No comments: