Thursday, January 8, 2009

Already sidetracked

I'm trying so hard not to get sidetracked, but 1 week into the New Year it's already happened. But with good reason.

Tuesday night we had a huge Charlaine Harris event at the library. As far as I've heard, this was her one and only scheduled event of the year, and we had people from all over. One lady flew in from Boston! Unfortunately, I wasn't working that night and had ridden the bus in and didn't have a way to get home if I stayed. Plus, I haven't read any of her books (yet) and was afraid of spoilers.

But I noticed yesterday that the next author coming is Alison Weir, in February. I listened to Innocent Traitor a while back and really enjoyed it, so I grabbed The Lady Elizabeth off the shelf this morning to read before the event. I would have waited until I finished my current book (which I just started this morning), but I was afraid it wouldn't be available by then. And, along the same lines, since I might not be able to renew it after 2 weeks, I probably should go ahead and read it now.

I will get back on track immediately afterwards, though!

4 comments:

Lezlie said...

Don't you hate when that happens! :-) Enjoy the book!

Lezlie

Amanda said...

ooohhhh, I'm jealous! I've read and reviewed both of her fiction books and read parts of her Tudor histories as well. Looking forward to hearing what you think of The Lady Elizabeth.

Somer said...

Amanda, you should just come on down to see her! ;-)

On another note, I am getting excited about TLA! You are coming, right?

Amanda said...

I hope to! It depends on what happens with Breathless' surgery. The plan was to go on a cruise out of Galveston right after TLA (which ends the day before my birthday, and the cruise would leave the day after that), but I haven't made any reservations until we figure out the surgery.