Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weekly Geeks #11

I've been a slacker the past few weeks when it comes to Weekly Geeks.

Week #8 was the scavenger hunt which I knew from the get-go I wouldn't be able to finish, since my blog hopping time is pretty limited.

Week #9's theme was to organize your challenges or join some if you didn't have anything to organize. The only challenge I have going right now is the A-Z challenge, as I've finished the others, and I don't really want to join another one right now. I'm enjoying my current reading MO and am not ready to shake things up again yet. (What is my current MO, you ask? The Randomizer has been my best friend of late. I had 2 lists I was feeding my habit from - the Tayshas list and my TBR list of books I own. Then, I was messing with my Amazon wishlist one day and decided to throw that one into the mix, too. So now, I pick one from the Tayshas list, then one from the TBR list, then one from the Amazon wishlist. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.)

Week #10's theme was to talk about the magazines we read. I'm not really a big magazine reader, so I passed. I subscribe to Better Homes & Gardens but don't think I've ever sat down and read one in detail. I also subscribe to Cook's Country, which, actually, I really like, but probably won't subscribe to again because I just joined the Cooks Illustrated website instead. And I pick up Bookmarks occasionally.

But now I'm back. For Week #11, Dewey wants us to help her move by choosing one of the books she needs to review and part with so that she has fewer books to move. What a fun idea!

I choose Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, because it's one that I wanted to read last year but never got around to it. Here are my questions:

1. Which character from this book did you most relate to and why?
2. The School Library Journal review of this book says, "Dessen explores the interior and exterior lives of her characters and shows their flaws, humanity, struggles, and incremental successes." Do you think that Dessen is successful at this?
3. If you could pick one character to spend a weekend with, who would it be and why?

No comments: