Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Best of 2008 list

In hopes of kickstarting my blogging again, I'm going to compile my best of list for 2008. The only requirement for inclusion for this list is that I finished it in 2008 - copyright date is irrelevant.

Here, in no particular order besides, perhaps, the order I read them in, are my favorite books of 2008:

Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black
Becky: The Life and Loves of Becky Thatcher by Lenore Hart
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer (audio version)
Black Ships by Jo Graham
Weedflower by Cynthia Kadohata
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I loved Absolutely True Diary! Moloka'i is one I'm planning on reading next year. I've heard so many good things about it.

Lisa said...

Nice list! I also loved Snow Flower, The Graveyard Book, The Mistress of the Art of Death and The Book of Lost Things. Isn't it nice to look back over the books you read in the previous year and enjoyed?

Iliana said...

I love seeing end of year reading lists - always find new books to add to my list :)

I did read Heart-Shaped Box this year and was pretty wowed by it.

Somer said...

Chain Reader - Moloka'i was ohsogood! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Lisa and Iliana - I agree with you both! It's great to see what you enjoyed and fun to find so many more to look forward to!

-.- said...

I liked Tithe and Mistress of the Art of Death too. I loved the movie Stardust and I've been wanting to read it since.

~ Popin